Thursday, February 14, 2013

Analysis of My Editing Process

While I was editing Fish's article, my first goal was to clear up any vagueness. Multiple times, Fish alludes to previous subjects, but with vague wording such as "this" and "it". I felt that this could lead to misunderstanding as defined by Kaufer. I thought that not specifying what Fish was refering to created a Level 1 misunderstanding. The reader would not properly understand the intended reference of certain statements. By changing wording to specify which previous argument Fish was trying to use, the content was clarified and easier to understand.
I also wanted to make sure Fish used proper grammar and punctuation. Multiple sentences began with conjunctions, sentences ended in prepositions, and unnecessary wording. Using Style's methods of grammar, I removed any improper grammar usage. I also removed any unnecessary pieces of information, such as Fish's descriptions of Maloney and Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment